To encourage and promote artists and visual arts in Lee’s Summit and beyond.
Our Vision: to provide opportunities for networking, education, exhibitions and recognition for members and the art community.
We respect, value and encourage an appreciation for art in an ethical and courteous manner.
Our juried artist members are from the Kansas City metropolitan area and excel in the mediums of watercolor, oil, acrylic, drawing, mixed media, photography, glass, pottery, jewelry and digital art.
Our Newest Member
“Summit Art has been an amazing community for me to explore and grow as an artist. It is exciting to be a part of such a diverse and passionate group of artists. I only wish I had found them sooner.”
–Jason Shemchuk | Watercolors
- Monthly membership meetings featuring informative guest speakers and programs.
- Exclusive members-only events, such as ‘en plein air’ opportunities, exhibit opportunities at Lee’s Summit Symphony events and field trips.
- Photography, Painting and Glass Art critique groups that discuss new works and learn new techniques.
- Promote local artists in year-round exhibits at various locations throughout the community, at the Summit Art Festival in downtown Lee’s Summit, and at local galleries: the Summit Art Gallery at Saint Luke’s East Hospital and the Unity Village Chapel Art Gallery.
- Workshops and Classes for visual arts related professional development, skills advancement, business strategies and social media promotion.
- Award scholarships to area high school graduates pursuing degrees in visual arts.
Join us so that you, too, can experience first-hand, the pride we take in supporting art and artists in our community!